World of Eldoren

From the creative, innovative, entrepreneural minds at Eldoren.com comes thoughts, ideas and cravings. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Hey, it's my birthday today! Wow...I actually made 42..go figure

What a great day. Celebrating 42 years and still have so much to do. Just getting ready for a nice birthday lunch with the inlaws and wife.

I guess 42 isn't a big birthday like the big 40 but I have lots on my plate right now. Right now I am working on building my watercolor painting site, handling a bunch of web projects for my business and saving for a digital camera (Nikon D70). Hey, with the amount I use my current Nikon 950 CoolPix camera bought in Spokane 3 years ago, its time I upgraded. More and more I am using the camera to shoot pictures and images for clients. I also want to shoot more artsy pics of my work as well as material to help me when I develop paintings. Also plan to take the camera to the track and photograph cars and my friends cars.

Current big projects for work include Northern Opportunties website. Its about 300 pages and will be developed using CSS2 / xhtml. I am really enjoying reading and studying this.

Talked to Peter Gifford ( my good friend from Oz ) yesterday. Him and I are both frustrated and challenged with the fact that many people/companies are looking for cheap solutions for web projects. What one could charge $5000 for a few years ago, is now half that. Sort of the WalMart mentality mixed with everyone out sourcing offshore. Here in Canada, its hard as I try to do my best to do great work and keep up with technology and training only to be challenged by some student willing to work REAL cheap. Many ( not all ) companies like cheap so it hurts my business. I am to be able to sell experience and service. Hopefully this doesn't change and enough people value this level of creativity and service.

More to come tommorrow.

Gordo-roo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home